Learn About Movember

">

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Dog Days of November

We are nearly at the 2/3 marker of our 30 day odyssey into the facial forest of Movember. I thought by now that I would be suffering from a bad case of facial hair fatigue, but thankfully I have not hit the wall yet.

There are some noteworthy developments since I last posted. So below is a summary.Things that have changed since I adopted the mo:

  • Productivity and output has soared as my moustache has helped me get to work earlier, work more efficiently, and stay later.
  • I have had to pay closer attention to cup, mug, and glass selection as the moustache frequently dips into my beverage. As a result of increased moustache swimming, I have had to get used to the idea of follicles dancing in my drink. I reached an all-time low recently when I did not even flinch at a hair in my drink despite my friend alerting me. I simply shrugged it off.
  • A new part of the toothbrushing ritual is to clean and wipe away toothpaste froth from around the inner moustache edges after a good scrub. This easily lengthens the process by minutes.
  • I have had to better anticipate sneezes or avoid sneezing altogether. The collateral damage that occurs following a tissue-less sneeze can require an Exxon Valdez-like clean up operation.
  • So far I have gained a greater appreciation for the effort a moustache requires; nevertheless, I have no better understanding as to why someone makes the life-choice to grow a moustache in the first place.
I would like to thank everyone who has contributed thus far, the team has now raised an incredible $2,100! Victor (aka Juan Valdez) and Pete (aka Heaven's Devil) have led by example, both on and off the face. Down the stretch we come....




A picture my moustache took while it was writing this post. Impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment