Learn About Movember

">

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Celebrate the Mo!



Yesterday was a rough, or rather, an awkward day. For the first time ever, I left my apartment to go to work with a MUSTACHE. I never thought I would be doing that. Never! But it happened. And now slowly but surely, I'm starting to embrace my mo. I'm starting to realize that Movember really is something that should be celebrated and touted. That the mo is cool! The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club. I think the first rule of Movember should be: Talk about Movember as much as possible. Celebrate it!


Yesterday I had an interesting encounter with a mo-bro. I ran into this guy I hadn't seen in a while and he was rocking a new stache. I was hoping this would eventually happen and it did - I ran into someone I know who is also growing the stache in order to raise money for Movember and two great charities. So after talking to him for a while I finally got around to asking him if he was growing his stache for Movember and his response was, "Of course dude! You think I'd grow this thing and look this stupid for any other reason?". We both got a good laugh about it and then started talking about how fun, yes, fun, growing a mo is. So we stared comparing stories and styles: him and his buddies from his rugby team are growing them while I'm taking on Movember with some of my buddies from work. He looks like Huckleberry Finn with a stache and me, well, like I put in my last post...I'm starting to look like Juan Valdez and you know what, I'm starting to like it and am going to celebrate it.


As the days turn into weeks and we get closer to the end of Movember, I'm starting to think that some mo-bros might be sad to shave their staches off. I dont think I will be sad to see this bad boy go, but who knows... In the meantime, however, I sure am going to celebrate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment