Learn About Movember

">

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm not Afraid to go Back

Since many people over the last few weeks told me I resembled a convict, I decided it would be fitting if I attended the Gala Parte as, well, a convict.  Needless to say I received several compliments, such as "sick costume", "damn, that is legit", and "holy sh--, that looks for real!".  Hey, the mean streets of Antioch breeds a different kind of dog, I guess.





However, as "legit" as my costume may have been, I was clearly overshadowed by those who obviously spent in excess of $100 to get outfitted for the night.  I'm on a tuna fish budget, I can't eat caviar.  I lost.  But it got me thinking about next year (yes, there will be a next year, and it will be bigger and badder than this year, I guarantee it).  I have to start planning like, tonight.  I saw a Hulk Hogan, one of my childhood heroes (I have the red Hulkamania hat to prove it) that made me want to bust a leg drop on the guy dressed as Jake the Snake Roberts with a rubber snake around his neck, a Ringo Starr that made me want to sing Yellow Submarine, a NASCAR team with a champagne celebration that made me want to purchase a 12-pack or Budweiser and sit in front of a TV all Sunday, and a Frida Kahlo that made me want to throw up.  Wait, a Frida Kahlo?  Yes, there was a woman dressed as Frida Kahlo, and SHE won Movember MAN OF THE YEAR!  Don't get me wrong, her costume was amazing, from the uni-brow to the mustache, it all looked real.  I mean, she even had a little stuffed monkey on her shoulder!  But the fact that she put that costume on Friday afternoon, and the other hundreds of men who usually do not sport a mustache walked around with one for 35 days, leered at by mothers on the subway, avoided by women at the bars and harassed by family, friends and co-workers everywhere yet she still won, did not sit well with me.  But we move on. 

Major League Moustachers had a great run, and you still have until December 9th to donate.  So, if you would like to donate $1 or $100, please see the links to the side and donate to the individual of your choice.  Thanks for the all the support over the last 37, it has been tremendous.


I leave you with a small token of my appreciation, a little something I like to call my Movember Montage.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment